What is a Community Solar Garden?
- A solar energy project that covers several acres of land
- A more accessible source of clean electricity for renters, homeowners, and businesses when compared with rooftop solar installations
- An energy resource managed by solar developers that sends
energy into your utility's existing power grid
- No equipment on your property
- No upfront cost to install solar panels
- Savings on your electric bills as the Solar Garden produces clean
- Individuals and businesses "subscribe" to a Solar Garden to
support clean, local energy production
- Members receive Solar Credits on their electric bill and make Sunscription payments based on the energy the Solar Garden produces
- Members stay connected to their utility, so your utility continues to deliver the same, reliable electric service to homes and businesses
- Sunscription Community Solar is flexible so it's easy to relocate,
transfer, or cancel your Sunscription account
What is a Sunscription? What am I paying for?
Sunscription is a platform that connects your electric utility bill with a local Solar Garden, so you can easily support clean energy and save. Sunscription Community Solar is designed to save money by allowing you to subscribe to a portion of a ...
How much does it cost to sign up?
There are no up-front costs or annual fees. You simply receive Solar Credits which reduce your electricity bill, and save by making discounted payments for these Solar Credits to Sunscription. You only pay for credits that you receive, and since you ...
Why are my electric bills so high?
Throughout 2022, many residents and businesses have experienced the burden of high electricity costs. Have you noticed larger electric bills than months or years past? This could be the result of one or several factors. Electric rates are rising ...
What happens if a year is very cloudy or energy production is low?
You only pay based on energy that is actually produced. You also receive Solar Credits on your electric bill for the energy that is actually produced. This means that if production is low, you may not save as much money as expected, but you are not ...
How does my Sunscription save me money?
Your savings is equal to the difference between the bill credits you receive on your electric bill and the payments that you make to US Solar. There is no way to predict the exact amount you’ll save, but we estimate the energy production and ...