What is a Community Solar Garden?
- A solar energy project that covers several acres of land
- A more accessible source of clean electricity for renters, homeowners, and businesses when compared with rooftop solar installations
- An energy resource managed by solar developers that sends
energy into your utility's existing power grid
- No equipment on your property
- No upfront cost to install solar panels
- Savings on your electric bills as the Garden produces clean
How does a Sunscription work?
- Individuals and businesses "subscribe" to a Solar Garden to
support clean, local energy production
- Subscribers receive bill credits on their electric bill and make Sunscription payments based on the energy the Solar Garden produces
- Subscribers stay connected to their utility so your utility continues to deliver the same, reliable electric service to homes and businesses
- Subscriptions are flexible so it's easy to relocate,
transfer, or cancel your Sunscription
What is a Sunscription? What am I paying for?
A Sunscription is designed to save money by allowing you to subscribe to a portion of a Solar Garden, rather than owning the actual materials. Through the community solar program, your energy company purchases the energy from the Solar Garden through ...
What happens if a year is very cloudy or energy production is low?
You only pay based on energy that is actually produced. You also receive a credit on your electric bill for the energy that is actually produced. This means that if production is low, you may not save as much money as expected, but you are not harmed ...
How does my Sunscription save me money?
Your savings is equal to the difference between the bill credits you receive on your electric bill and the payments that you make to US Solar. There is no way to predict the exact amount you’ll save, but we estimate the energy production and ...